Friday, July 9, 2010

A Little Bounce for your Step

I've been brewing a bit since the last challenge, thinking about how some people think its far fetched to use music as an inspiration for interior design, but the more I thought (don't worry, is was minimal) the more I realized music is probably one of the heaviest forms of influence in our daily lives.

Now most of you urbanites will agree, we bounce around our cities bearing an electronic extremity, be it an Ipod, your mobile phone, or a Walkman (for real, I've spotted recently spotted a few hipsters sporting them, God they'll try to bring anything back...). And what about the rest... You're listening to music while driving in your car, working in the office, and relaxing at home. We all have our playlists, radio stations, and online music  blaring according to how we feel or want to feel; it puts a little bounce in our step, energy to our workouts, life to our commutes, and even some needed consolation when feeling blue. So music, I can confidently say you are a bigger part of me than you may think, you inspire my moods, actions, and routines. Its way too often that I am living in a soundtrack and I'm not ashamed to admit it... Am I the only one that has a runway strut when walking down a subway platform listening to my Ipod??? I think not!

See below for a playlist to bring a little inspiration to your weekend... It's a good one to clean the house, hang by the pool, or just plain background for hanging with friends. Hit play and enjoy!

Stay tuned, this Sunday is an all new episode brought to you by flowers!

No comments:

Post a Comment