Wednesday, August 18, 2010

From Pig Farming to Design Starring

Until I was about 7 years old if you asked me, "what do you want to be when you grow up" I'd answer, "a pig farmer".  And now, 23 years later, I'm thinking I couldn't be farther from that, though I still dream of having a pet pig in New York City (even though Daniel Faires has already beat me to it).  I'm a seasoned Interior Designer, running my own business, living in the largest city in the US, traveling, socializing, and designing my way through life, and now, a top finalist in a competition reality show... Yeah, not so much the life of a farmer, though NYC can be a smelly dwelling, especially this time of year.


So now it's down to the wire and I'm super revved up and pumped to wrap this diddy up. And Ms. Olsen, Ms. Gorder, and Mr. Yip, though you may ask yourself "Who is Michael?"  or think Mr. Moeller is "putting on" a show or "acting" like a "TV Host", well I can assure you, that it's just me... I'm overly expressive, quite dramatic, outspoken Michael, always have been and always will be.... 

I've sung "Happy Birthday" to the likings of Ms. Monroe in short shorts in my high school play. I rocked out Disco Ball Pants to ring in the new millennium. And threw myself a 30th Birthday Party where the requested attire was "Deconstructed Black Tie Parisian Equestrian Chic." (Which BTW, this past episode took place on my actual 30th Birthday)


I'm the person who's told to speak more quietly when excited in a public place. The obvious eye roller when rubbed the wrong way. Am all smiles when overjoyed, cause I don't know how to be just "joyed", most of my emotions are "over" the top, maybe even exaggerated... I'm slightly flirty (no comment needed from my gang please, this is a PG rated blog). And most of all, I'm confident, not cocky...

So, here goes... Bring on the final challenge and yes Emily, you said it "may the best woman win" cause honey, I'm just as much of a lady as you!

7 comments:

  1. Hey Michael,
    Dave Lutman here from Chicago. Remember me and my friend Patrick Curtin? We met last Friday in Fire Island. Which, I have to say, was the best night of the three. Didn't see you the rest of the weekend. Hope you had fun. Great to chat. Couldn't figure out how to touch base via FB so this hopefully will work. If not, well...

    Good luck next Sunday. Though, it's already done. Not for us though! We'll be watching.

    Take care,
    Again, great to meet you,
    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael this is Mafe Savlick,
    I wish you the best of luck for Sunday, you have gone really far and whether you win or not you are a winner because I'm sure you have a million fans out there. I knew you would get this far in life long time ago and here you are, ON TV!!! pretty amazing....good luck once again and we will be watching the finale xoxoxoxo
    Mafe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having had the priviledge of knowing you since those school play days, I can unequivocally say that you truly are one of the loudest, silliest, most outlandish and dramatic people I have ever known. You are also one of the most talented and driven people I have ever met. It is a shame that the judges had to try and pick apart the personality because they couldn't find fault with the design, but you know better :)You truly are a star!

    ReplyDelete
  4. good luck good luck this sunday michael! i know you will win it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do say, fair sir, that the endearing explanation of your character is rather frank, and as spot on as a Madame's "beauty marks". I do enjoy your boisterous demeanor and find it refreshingly pedestrian to read your grammer "faux pas" especially for a gentleman as stately as yourself. Cheers my fine fellow and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Michael. I think you're an amazing designer and a really cutie. Such a personality, and all the looks to go along with it. I'm on your Facebook... Wish we could met... or at least talk. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This blog is on point Michael!

    ReplyDelete