Tuesday, August 3, 2010

What's Cookin Good Lookin?

Dear Genevieve,

I'd like to take this opportunity to answer your question "What am I doing?" from this weeks elimination in regards my styling in this kitchen shot:



You're having me, Casey, John, and Vern over for dinner. You've just left your glass of Pinot Noir, a nice full bodied one (I know this cause Casey and I drank it after the challenge), on the counter to run into the bedroom and put on some lipstick before your guests arrive. Why do I know this? Well their is no lipstick mark on the wine glass (though if their was lipstick on the glass I may have to wonder if Stacey came back, but I'd know for sure only if their was a note next to it saying something like "thanks for the mussels -xoxo"). OK getting back on point... You've left the mussels next to the sink in the colander ready to wash and get in the gorgeous yellow enamel pot to steam. But first I'd suggest halving the artichokes and getting them in the oven cause they take a while to roast. Snap the asparagus and get them on the stove top. Girl, it's a good thing you bought cupcakes for dessert cause you still have a lot of cooking to do before your guests arrive... And the table is still not set! Well they can munch on the gorgeous meat and cheese board you've laid out and chat with you while you wrap up dinner. And honey, please use the apron draped over the butcher block to cover up those gorgeous threads of yours!

And when the guest's ask "What's for dinner?" your reply:

Fire Roasted Artichokes with Herb Aioli
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/bobby-flay/fire-roasted-artichokes-with-herb-aioli-recipe/index.html

Spicy Mussels with White Wine
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/bobby-flay/spicy-mussels-with-white-wine-recipe/index.html

Salad of Warm White Asparagus, Baby Arugula, and Beefsteak Tomatoes with Porcini Dressing
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/salad-of-warm-white-asparagus-baby-arugula-and-beefsteak-tomatoes-with-a-porcini-dressing-recipe/index.html

Fresh Bread with Rustic Heirloom Tomato Bruschetta
http://www.sandyofftopic.com/2009/07/rustic-heirloom-tomato-bruschetta-at-st-andrews-market/

It's all there, ready to roll, and I love to cook so if you want me to come over and help you I'd be happy to, though theirs only one apron, ah well, I'm sure I have a scarf somewhere that I can repurpose into and apron...


That's my story and I'm sticking to it, I always have one (a story not a scarf) when I'm styling an interior shot. So it may seem like a lot of stuff on those counters but it's because no one ever leaves my house hungry, my Grandmother Flo would not stand for that!

4 comments: